Friday, February 3, 2012

For Confidential Purposes.. This Entry is Short.

This has been one crazy, hellacious, week. Tuesday, I set out on an 8 hour drive to Ft. Jackson, SC. My love's BCT (basic combat training) group was graduating. See, there were a whole bunch of SIT's (soldiers in training) who apparently had an issue with following direction and decided that they would take it apon themselves to sneak into the drill sargeant's office and steal their cell phones to call home. The thing that gets me is it was their LAST week of BCT! They went 6 weeks without it, came home for 2 weeks, went back for 4 weeks and on that 3rd week, they pull this mess. Now this is just a thin layer of what these SIT's did. Some of them bought "contraban" (which could be anything from magazines, to candy, to dip even). A few select ones decided to name my hunny in their escapades when they got caught. My, totally innocent, honey was then in a heap of trouble. They threatened him with restarting at week one. He was devestated.  He said that he could still participate in "Family Day" (self explanitory) but couldn't graduate. So we drove the 8 hours to see him for only a few hours. After a long, drawn out, will not go into detail for confidentiality purposes, everything was dropped and he was able to walk. He called us with the good news an hour after we left headed home and we turned around right then and went back.  I really wish I could go into greater detail because I am SURE you would have the same "this is crap" mindset as I did. Heck, Im not even sure if what I have said already is going to cause a problem. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a million other people who haven't heard already. After graduation, we were able to spend a few hours with him before we headed back home. That 8 hour drive put me getting home at 2 AM and crying the whole way.

Anyway, he was allowed to graduate and he is now on a plane to his AIT station across the country! I sure am going to miss him!


Graduation day!


Family Day


No comments:

Post a Comment