Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dear, Alabama

As if our poor state hasn’t had enough.      I would not be able to live in the mid-west, presumably “tornado-alley”.  In less than a year, tornado’s have swept through our state and seem to have focused on one general area; Birmingham/Tuscaloosa. Now, I live about 4 hours south of this area but when storms leave a mess the size these massive ones in the past year have, it really hurts the entire state. Not to mention the family and loved ones who live there currently. I can say that I am proud to live in Alabama. Not JUST because we have brought home 3 National Championships 3 years in a row ( ROLL TIDE!) but because we all pull together in time of need just like we are all family. We help each other out and spare shoulders to lean on. Everyone I have ever talked to who is not from Alabama turn their nose up and think of us Alabamians as incompetent, ignorant, meager, (need I go on?) rednecks. While, some of the Alabamians are (and I can say that I know a select few) not all of us are. We have incredible schools, two of which are VERY widely known, (AU and UA) great communities who stand together as one as in the case listed previously, and you will never meet anyone nicer than Alabamians. Yes, we have a deep southern drawl, and yes, we are in Church praising our Lord when the doors fly open, we also open our homes to people in need with good, southern, home cooking. Not to mention, we don’t care if we know you or not, we wave every time we pass a car on the street and speak if were walking down a sidewalk.  These are just a few characteristics “out-of-towners” do not see. We are not just a bunch of rednecks, were good people, who care more about other people than we do ourselves and we are all proud to say “Why yes, I am from Alabama” and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So for anyone who fits the description I have mentioned, you should visit our state. You would be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment