Monday, January 16, 2012

Transition

I know it's been a very long time since I have posted to my blog. I was in a transition period of my life and now I am back posting about all new topics. First off, Im engaged! YAY!! I am going to be an Army Wife and I am scared sh*tless. I have no experience in this area nor have I any friends who have been through the same situation to help comfort me. So, this is definitely stressful and scary. He is currently finishing up his last 2 weeks of basic and then heading strait to AIT in Arizona the day after he graduates. We plan on getting Married in June after his AIT is over.. that is IF he gets time to come home. I'm hoping he does.. not sure how that works exactly so any words of encouragement or advice are greatly appreciated.
Our Story.

We met in August, at a bar (how fitting). It was funny how it happened. It was a Wednesday and I hadn't planned on going out anywhere that night, but my girlfriend was meeting this guy there and she wanted me to be her wingman. So I decided to go. While we were there, she was talking with this guy she had been planning on meeting and I was talking with another group of friends when this exceptionally handsome man walked into the pool room. He was on the phone for literally 10 seconds when he turned and walked out.  I went to find my friend to express my joy and astonishment of actually seeing a guy of his nature in a bar...like that. Well, when I walked up to her and her guy to tell her about him, low and behold, there he was. Turns out HE was also a wingman for the guy meeting my friend. Weird! Well, I told my gf about him and she told her guy and it went from there. He came up to me and asked me to dance and that's how it started. Turns out he was a social worker for Child Protective Services which was great for me, finally someone NOT in the army! (If you have read my blog prior to this post, you'll understand the bad luck I have had with boyfriends in the military.) On our first date, we went to the drive-in to see Capt. America. He asked me during the movie how I felt about the military. "I think it's great! I am a big supporter of our Military!" his response "that's great! I leave for basic on Oct 31st!" well, I spoke too soon about being away from guys in the military, I guess it's a sign. ;) Anywho, I took that sign and ran with it and I am so glad I did! He left for basic on Halloween and wasn't able to communicate with me except through letter for 6 weeks. Then he was able to come home for Christmas which was called a "free leave" I think because EVERYONE was sent home. On Christmas Eve, we were sitting under the tree and opening gifts from each other. He gave me this pretty wrapped tiny box, I wouldve thought it was a ring if it wasn't for the fact that the whole time he was home, he recruited his friends and family into bringing up the "marriage" topic in which he made CLEAR he wasn't ready for! Which then kinda hurt my feelings. So, I was thinking this box may have some pretty earrings in it or something... anything EXCEPT a ring. When I opened the box, I thought my eyes had deceived me! It was the most GORGEOUS diamond ring I had ever seen and it was MINE! I immediately started crying and the first thing I said was "this isnt earrings!" He then laughed at me and said "so is that a yes?" Where I then began to cry even harder, barely getting out the word "yes". It was more like a "yehehehehssss". I couldn't have been happier. So now, Im trying to plan a wedding that I HOPE happens in June. But, all of you who have been in this situation before knows how unpredictible the military can be.

Wish me luck on my journey to Destination UNKNOWN!

1 comment:

  1. Awww congrats! Such a nice story I hope it all works out for you this time round and best of luck for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete