Friday, February 10, 2012

Is this our society today?

It's Friday, and as I was doing my usual "rummaging trough magazines and wasting time" ritual, I came across something that had me astounded and completely grossed out at the same time! A model who literally has a 20 inch waist and claims to not have an eating disorder by eat chocolate and big meals 3 times a day. I'll let you form your own opinion. This is the type of "woman" our society is idolizing. The "you can't model unless your freakishly tall and freakishly skinny" society.. yes, you know what I am talking about. Now, I know first hand that to make it in the model world you have to be a certain height and weight. I have been to numerous model scouting events, waited in line for hours, just for them to look at my sheet (not even ME mind you) and say "were looking for some one with a little more in some places and a little less in others." Now, what 15 year old girl wouldn't run out of the room crying and thinking she is fat and ugly? It's sad that this is what our society looks up too. I don't know of a single teenage girl who does not have self-confidence issues and it breaks my heart that these young girls think so badly of themselves. Alot of times, issues with self- confidence can turn into bullying other girls to make their own issues "go away." I have seen this too. I grew up being one of those girls who was so insecure that I would bring down other girls who I felt were "less" than me. Do I regret it? You bet. Did I get the same treatment from other girls who felt I was "less" than them? Absolutely. It's like a never ending cycle and my fear is that it is exactly that, never ending. So, I have joined up and became a part of the We Stop Hate Anti-Bullying Organization. This organization was formed by the beautiful Ms. Emily Anne, a 17 year old who has learned very early that she can make a difference and she is doing an amazing job! I have ordered numerous wristbands and given them out trying to spread the word that everyone is beautiful and NO ONE is better than anyone else. If you think you are better than someone else... you need a wristband. Below is a link to the YouTube and a link to the Seventeen Magazine article on this organization. Also is the twitter account. Please check it out.

Youtube- http://youtu.be/YLqtZM19ARU
Twitter- @WeStopHate



Dont become this to be beautiful.


She is proof you don't have to be abnormally skinny to be beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment