Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Banana Bread

I will be the first to say my cooking isn't always the best. I struggle with scrambled eggs but can cook mean home-made fajitas or stir fry. Bread wasn't even a question for me. I didn't want to waste the ingredients nor the time. But, I gave it a shot anyway and turns out I can bake mean banana bread! I am really surprised and proud of myself. I even shipped some off to my hunny. Hopefully it won't be hard or bad by the time it get's there. I have listed the recipe below. Enjoy!

- 1 stick (8 t) butter at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 t vanilla


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x5 bred pan
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together, stir in whole wheat flour and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Fold in bananas and vanilla
5. Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then on rack.


before

after
















No comments:

Post a Comment