Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Night!

I am sure all of you are up to speed on the latest Oscar Academy Awards best and worst dressed. Now, I may have missed something but I didn't see anything bad this year! A couple of my favorites were Emma Stone (obviously), that red Giambattista Valli gown looked absolutely stunning on her!
My next favorite is the always astounding Angelina Jolie. Who stunned everyone with not only her nice stems (or stem I should say) but her gorgeous black velvet Versace dress!  Dressing Stars: Versace gets it right!

Then, there is Octavia Spencer, who not only looked gorgeous in a Tadashi Shoji  boatneck gown, won an Oscar for best supporting actress for The Help, but also represented her home state of good ole' Alabama! I love the way this dress fits her! The rouching in the center is definitely an eye catcher! We're proud of you girl!
Let's not forget our leading lady from last year, Natalie Portman, who wore a fun yet elegant Dior gown with subtle polka-dots. She is one of my favorite actresses, always stunning and beautiful.


Let's take a break from the favorites and talk about the "not so favorite". One of my least favorite dresses would have to be Kristen Wiig. Now don't get me wrong, I love her as an actress, but the dress she chose was way to close to her skin tone. You would think she was naked from a distance.


And then there was Stacey Keibler. Lord, bless her heart, she is trying so hard. "When female wrestling doesn't get you noticed, date a very hott actor." The Marchesa gown she wore made her look a little disproportionate. Its a gorgeous color but I think the giant flower on her hip was a bit much.



Next I have Rooney Mara. Now, I have not seen The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo but I have heard so much about it and it is so hard to think something as dangerous as her can come out of such a sweet and innocent looking Mara. However, I did not know what to make of her dress. I wasn't a fan of the bust area. Modern day Madonna.

Back to the favorites. According to twitter (and my own personal opinion), Jessica Chastain awed onlookers and fans alike in her Alexander Mcqueen gown that was draped in over $2 million worth of Harry Winston yellow diamonds.

How amazing did Michelle Williams look in her Louis Vuitton gown?? With her pale skin tone the red really popped and made her look flawless!

Then we have the always gorgeous Penelope Cruz who veered away from the seemingly popular fit-and- flare, with a beautiful lavender A-line, off the shoulder Armani gown. 



There were so many gorgeous men and women at the Oscars last night! I  wish I could post them all! Congrats to all the winners! They are truly deserved. What did you guys think of the Oscars? Who was your best and worst dressed? 


No comments:

Post a Comment