Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Uncle Sam Confuses Me

So, JB started off the nightly phone call by "I have good news and bad news what do you want first?" Me, being the type of person I am responded with a drole "gimme the bad news..." His bad news was "you won't be able to take everything overseas when we move." WHAT!?!? I say, iimmediately looking at Edgar, my 6 foot wooden giraffe from Africa in the corner of my living room. "Buuuut whyyy??" I wine. "There is a weight limit " he says. So, I then start looking at things around the apartment of things I wouldn't want to take with me. Yea, couldn't find anything. My stuff is going to be the only thing to make me feel at home while I am over there. "Well, that sure is bad news, what is the good news?" I say. His response, "we are probably going to have a furnished apartment. That's why you can't take everything. What are we going to do with 2 of everything?" Two couches would probably be a little difficult to work with. Then again, I would rather fall asleep and drool on a couch I have always had then drool in a spot where other peoples butts were. Just sayin. Looks like I have to do some spring cleaning. I am positive the goodwill would love my contribution. I have enough stuff to fill 2 homes not including my own. That is what happens when you have a sister who get's divorced and moves home, along with 2 parents who WERE divorced and then got back together. Everything comes to me, the only person NOT living at home who has a place to get things away from their homes, a live in storage unit if you will. Needless to say, goodwill will have a plethora of blenders, brooms, and dishes. YAY! Edgar, however, will be going with me. In case you're wondering, I am obsessed with Giraffes.

Signed- Creepy giraffe lady with lots-o-blenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment