Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Military Wife.

Finally, I am proud to announce that I hold the honor of being a military wife. This past Memorial Day Weekend was anything but simple and easy. My Friday morning flight was cancelled and after refusing to give any information, I lost my cool. It's a wonder they didn't carry me out in handcuffs. Needless to say, after yelling profusely at 3 different people, 2 on the phone and one poor bystander, I got a direct flight out through Delta. Only setting me back an hour and a half instead of the 6 hours they were trying to give me. After running through the airport through 3 different concourses, I finally made it to my final gate, literally falling at the counter. I knew I shouldn't have worn 6 inch heels but then again I didn't expect US Airways to screw up. The lady at the counter asked me why I was so out of breath and after explaining my story in great detail, she gave me a drink card for the plane ride. I was thankful for that lady. Boarding and landing went smoothly, Thank God. Unexpectedly, as I was getting off the plane, the pilot came over the intercom and said "the wedding is starting without the bride! Oh, and the groom called, he changed his mind!" I don't know what was funnier, the fact that the pilot singled me out or that he actually said JB would change his mind!

After being picked up from the airport, we headed over to the courthouse to get our license. Had to be legal ya know! Soon after, we headed to get lunch and then back to the hotel to get ready to sell our souls to the devil ;). Just kidding. The wedding was beautiful. About 10 of JB's friends came out and we had a little ceremony by the lake. It was simple and perfect.

After the wedding, we all went out to eat and considering I had not slept since 8 am Thursday morning, I was exhausted. So we went back to the hotel and cuddled up and watched some t.v and had some champagne (courtesy the Hilton). The night couldn't have gotten any better.

Saturday morning started off with room service breakfast and watching the sun come up over the mountains. Tucson is surrounded by mountains and it's absolutely beautiful. After breakfast, we got ready to take the 70 mile trip to Tombstone. I have always wanted to go and we finally got the chance! We went to the Boothill Graveyard and checked out all the graves from the O.K Corral shootout and other poor unfortunate souls in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wanted to go to Big Nose Kate's but it was Wyatt Earpp day so it was very busy and we were running out of time!

Saturday night, we made reservations for an authentic Italian restaurant in the Catalina Foothills of Tucson, It was wonderful! After dinner, we headed back to the hotel to enjoy some quality time together before my flight out Sunday. I hated to leave him but I will get to see him again in 3 weeks and I can't wait! I am so ready to be in my husbands arms again!





No comments:

Post a Comment