Friday, November 5, 2010

State Fair

Tonight I was finally able to partake in the festivities of our state fair; also known as... The National Peanut Festival. We Alabamians are fond of peanuts so much, our fairs and even parades are held around them. I believe we even have a "Peanut Shrine" if you will...

Ok, no not so much a shrine but yes, we have a Peanut Festival. Seeing as how I work two jobs, one for an insurance company and one at the greatest place on earth... Victoria's Secret, I haven't had any time in my "oh so busy" schedule to enjoy the few days the fair was in town. So I was able to go tonight. I much rather would've went last weekend when it was 80 degrees out.. but no.. tonight... it was 30. The good thing about it being 30 out was I got to wear my new jacket. It's a hounds tooth pea coat. I felt fabulous with my new coat and my black suede knee high boots... until, I seen about 20 other people wearing the same thing. What a disappointment.

The best thing about the fair is the food! I LOOOOVE fair food! It kinda felt like Thanksgiving tonight I ate sooooo much! I did however, skip the rides for fear of hurling on my shoes.. and other peoples too =(



5 comments:

  1. I'm not fond of peanuts lol only Reese peanut butter cupps!

    I hate the weather change. It's getting me, my husband and kids sick! Which sucks.

    Outfit sounds cute too.

    I love fair food! See now just thinking/talking about it im hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairs! I love the rides as much as the food, and combined I feel a little sick, but I don't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather down here would really drive ya'll crazy. The pollen is SOOO thick and the peanut dust makes me sneeze for months.. it really makes me miserable =((

    I wouldnt mind flying south for the winter.. way south... equator south... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so yummy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete