Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter Faux Pas

I am by NOOOO means a "hot natured person." If it's not 80.. I'm not comfortable. However, my all time favorite time of the year would have to be winter; well December rather. With the lights and the Christmas carols, the food and the family togetherness, how can someone not like December?  I hate being cold, but I love dressing up in big warm jackets and scarves. I have only seen snow twice in my life and I LOVE it! Here in south Alabama... it doesn't snow. It VERY rarely drops below freezing! However, there are some things I absolutely HATE about winter. Faux Pas if you will. The biggest thing is dry skin. It's primarily mandatory to lather up really well with moisturizers during the winter time. Especially if your anything like me and sleep in front of the fireplace on the floor or snuggle up by an air vent. My legs itch to no end and hurts to shave.. it's awful. So, I became very close friends with Suave Skin Therapy lotion. It works wonders for me and immediately relives my itchy leg problem.


Faux Pas 2: Chapped lips! We ALL suffer from this some point in time. I use Carmex. It's amazing =) that's pretty much all I can say about it.



Faux Pas 3: Dry, brittle hair and sometimes a flaky scalp! Who enjoys this?! No one!  I believe this comes from the extremely hot showers I take. I LOVE a hot shower or bath but my hair and skin beg to differ. For my hair, I use Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner.. Its moisturizes it and leaves my hair very soft. Not to mention I still use my HealthySexyHair oil serum I posted about previously.  I also shave with conditioner sometimes. It not only conditions your scalp but your legs as well and leaves your legs smooth!


What are some of your winter faux pas?




2 comments:

  1. Chapped lips are the worst!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh i know exactly what you mean, everythiiiiing gets so dang dry! and even using things doesnt get rid of it! im constantly applying chapstick, but hmm conditioner for shaving? that actually sounds like it would be a super good idea! lol ill have to try it : )

    ReplyDelete