Friday, December 3, 2010

The Giving Tree, A Christmas Charity.



A local store is doing a Holiday Charity called The Giving Tree. It's a Christmas tree that is full of tags. On these tags are names, the names of children ranging from 5-10 in age. These children are underprivileged and come from a home of poverty. The tags have their name, clothing and shoe size, and a wish list of some toys they want for Christmas. I went yesterday afternoon to pick some tags off of the tree. When I got there, I read off some of the things these children were asking for. Now, when a 5 year old asks for pencils and underwear, well, it's something I could not pass up. I picked one.. then two.. until I had 6 tags, some with siblings on the cards. I wrote their names down and left the store, leaving 3 little tags on the tree. I get down the road and those 3 tags with those 3 little names still burning in my mind. So, I turn around an go back for the other three remaining tags. I completely cleaned the tree of all its tags. Leaving with a feeling of satisfaction, I realize, I have 14 children to buy Christmas presents for. Fourteen more smiling faces on Christmas Day!

3 comments:

  1. Thats so sweet :) we have something like that here too its such a great thing for these children. They still get to have a christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's amazing. It breaks my heart to know that there are actually children who won't get anything for Christmas. I try to do my part, but i wish Icould do more! =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thats so sweet what a lovely thing to do :) X

    ReplyDelete