Thursday, April 26, 2012

Be Thankful..

For who God brings into your life.

It is so hard being away from JB. I miss him so much. It's been 5 months since he has been home. Since he has even been on this side of the continent. 21 days since I have seen him, held him, kissed him, hugged him, cried for him. It's true what they say, you know. You never really know what you have until it's gone. I am, however, very thankful, beyond anything imaginable, that I get to hear his voice everyday. Even if only a few seconds. This is hard. I can't begin to imagine how hard it's going to be when he is deployed. It's definitely something I will have to get used to; not hearing his voice everyday. There are so many things I am worried about. First off, we aren't even married yet. Were getting married in June when he is home before he gets sent over seas to his duty station. I am worried my DEERS won't process quick enough to get me there. I am wanting to spend every minute with him I possibly can. I am a firm believer in "tomorrow is not promised so live for today."  So far, nothing seems to be going right but I guess that's the Army for you. I bought a book the other day. For understanding of the role of the wife married to the military, but for inspiration mostly. It's called Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul. No, I am not a wife yet so this may not do me any good as far as understanding or inspiration if I keep this "glass half empty" outlook of it. I guess I would feel much better if I knew exact time frames of when things get done. I.e, you're DEERS is guaranteed to process ___ days after submission. Yea, I giggled there too. Nothing in the military is guaranteed. Nothing in LIFE is guaranteed. I just wish I knew something, ANYTHING really. I can't even plan our wedding and it's less than 2 months away. Why does this have to be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment