Friday, March 16, 2012

Too Young to be Bullied.

Every weekend, I take my little one to the park for some playtime. He is 2 and loves playing on the slides and with other kids. Last weekend, I had an experience that completely broke my heart and made me livid all at the same time. Kade was playing with a telescope off by himself and this girl, who was as tall as me and had to be at least 10, came running up and just pushed him out of the way. Kade looked at her and said "You go away!" and she pushed him again and said "YOU go away!" At that point I was running up the steps to where he was, grabbed him up and went off on that little girl. I told her not to EVER put her hands on my child again and she needed to learn a thing or two about sharing. By this point she decided to say "well he needs to share!" I looked at her with an "are you effin stupid?" look and said "he is TWO and was minding his own business so keep your hands OFF of him!" I was so mad and yet I wanted to cry at the same time. I don't think I can handle my baby being bullied. I cannot believe how parents are raising their kids now-a-days. It's disgusting. Not to mention, her parents were no where to be found. Would any of you handle it any differently? Have any of you been in this situation?

2 comments:

  1. Ah that sounds like a horrible experience, bullying is a horrible thing and that wa totally out of order of that girl :( think you handled it really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was worried I was too "mama bear" on her, but then I come back to reality by remembering what it was she did to my little one. It's really hard when you see it happen =/

    ReplyDelete