Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Day I fell in Love With a City.

You guys, it has always been on my bucket list to go ice skating at THE Rockefeller Center. You see, I grew up in a two red-light town (maybe there were three.. let me count..) and was the child of two people that knew everyone. When I say everyone, I mean when people saw me, they always asked how my parents were doing. Going to the corner store, "how's your mom, Tiffany?" pumping gas, "Hey Tiff, tell your dad I said hello!" Seriously.

I digress.

Park Lane Hotel 
View from the room at night 
Justin surprised me with the absolute BEST Christmas present. He took me to New York! *side thought* Am I the only one that automatically thinks NYC when I hear or see New York? No? Just me? Figures. Moving on. Justin's job is a bit hectic at times so we only had a few days to spend there. I fully believe that you cannot see NYC in two days. If you see that little picture to the left here of Tiffany and Co. you'll notice its obviously a stock photo. However the one below is MINE! EEEK! I am still in shock that me, a small town girl, finally made it to the big city! I was also able to scratch off that bucket list and go skating at Rockefeller.





That's me looking all touristy. 



Isn't he gorgeous?!





We stayed at the Park Lane Hotel right at Central Park. It was absolutely incredible with a fantastic view. We left the curtains open the entire stay because the view was just to amazing during the day as well as at night. I envy people who live in the city.

We had brunch at Sarabeth's which was next door to the hotel. The food was nice, but the service, well.... again, its NYC so we can't expect too much hospitality. Speaking on that, the entire time we were there we met ONE New Yorker who was the nicest, most generous person. He happened to be our cab driver from the Airport. He even took us to breakfast one morning and to be honest, kinda worried us at first because honestly, who in NY is THAT nice? Anyway, he told us about this little bakery in Brooklyn called the Peter Pan Bakery. The donuts were absolutely amazing. I am never surprised to find the smallest places have the best food.
Brunch at Sarabeth's
This place has the best atmosphere! 

We also went to see Chicago on Broadway! Our amazing cab driver told us before hand not to buy them offline or for full price because there was a little booth we could go to in Times Square at a certain time of day that sold them at a discounted price. We braved the 19 degree weather and waited in line with some other "out-of-towners" for tickets. The tickets were also in a fantastic location. I think we were maybe five rows from the stage. We also saw the run that had Cuba Gooding Jr. in it and he was fantastic.



















The rest of the time was spent exploring the Times Square and Central Park surrounding areas. I can't wait to go back before they take down the tree at Rockefeller and all the lights because from what I hear (and see on Hallmark) Christmas in New York can't be beat.







No comments:

Post a Comment