Monday, February 11, 2013

Stickin with it

This diet has been extremely hard for me to stick too. Like everything, I get bored with something and move on, which will explain why this blog is so all over. I have so many things I enjoy that  I do not know what I want my blog to be about; i.e fashion, shopping, hair and makeup, diet, family, food ect.  However, with this diet, I have seen results, so it makes me want to stay with it. I am not totally where I want to be yet but I am getting there. I have been following the beautiful Taralynn over at Undressed Skeleton and using some of her recipes. She is so encouraging and motivational, can't help but love her!

The picture I have inserted is a before and now photo. From the time I started this diet (last February) to this day. Keep in mind, I have went off and on this diet numerous times. I fall off the bandwagon quite often, gain some weight back, get depressed, and start again. Binge eating/ emotional eating doesn't help at all.  It's a never ending cycle of sadness. I know it may not seem like much, but to met, it's a whole other person.


My diet on a daily basis consists of:

 Breakfast- Oat revolution oatmeal and half of cup fresh fruit or bowl of special K cereal with half    cup of fruit. Usually 3 (or more depending on my morning) cups of coffee.

Snacks- fresh fruit or veggies and/or fruit and cottage cheese. Sometimes I go for a fruit smoothie or a   banana/oatmeal smoothie (usually following a workout) with 2 tbsp of PB2, a healthier peanut butter. Sometimes I like to eat non-fat greek yogurt and add a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder with a packet of stevia just to fulfill that chocolate craving.

Lunch- garden salad with boiled egg or turkey wrap

Dinner- 4-6oz protein with lots of fresh steamed veggies. Sometimes I reach for the Boca Vegan Burger patties. To me, a strong loving carnivore, these taste better than hamburgers. Keep in mind the buns you choose make a difference too. I use Rudis Organic Whole Wheat  hamburger buns. 22 grams of whole grains per bun!

Of course any of this can be changed up.  This is what I try to stick with but like I said before, routine can get boring. There are many options and many healthy foods that actually taste good out there.  The only thing I would recommend is looking at the ingredients on everything you purchase or put into your body. I TRY not to put anything in my body with ingredients I cannot pronounce.

I hope this helps you if you're on a weight loss journey. I know how hard it is but there are many people cheering you on! Keep up the hard work and you CAN reach your goal!  Feel free to give advice or what you find easier to stay on track, or leave any good recipes for me to try so I can try to stay on track too!

2 comments:

  1. Any exercise involved?and will it work for males also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Exercise is definitely involved. I workout 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym and do about 30 minutes of cardio (running on treadmill or elliptical) followed by 15-20 minutes of lifting weights. My workouts vary. The only thing I really keep constant is the cardio. I alter working out arms, legs, and abs on different days throughout the week. I found an app that you may find very helpful if you have an iphone or other phone you can get apps on. It's called Nike+ training. It has moves broken down into categories to fit you're needs. Such as cardio if you're wanting to get lean, or strength training if you're wanting to target that specifically. Another plus is they are the workouts celebrity athletes (Lebron James, Larry Fitzgerald, ect.) use. Even better, they are only 10-15 minutes long. I Hope you found this helpful! Please let me know if you have any other questions or would like more advice!

      Delete